Go almost wild camping, go glamping, go a bit wild glamping! Get close to nature in a beautiful environment.
Situated up a private track, sandwiched between woodland and a sweeping valley, with far reaching views to the Severn Estuary and to Wales. Get away from it all to your own special space. Peace, quiet, superb sunsets and dark nights.
Rent a pitch for your tent or hire a yurt … Gurt Yurt and Batch Campsite offers secluded, luxury glamping or a chance to go back to basics on our wild camping field. See the tabs for pricing and booking details for each.
* Small and friendly wild camping site high in the Mendips
* Close to Cheddar, Wells, Wookey Hole, The Somerset Levels, Weston-super-Mare and Brean Down.
* Within walking distance of several rustic pubs, a village shop and a good fish and chip shop. Small supermarkets are also nearby, within walking or a short drive.
* Surrounded by woodland, in a wildlife haven: look out for deer, badgers, foxes and buzzards and even polecats.
* Hidden away but with easy access to the A38 and transport links north to Bristol(30 minutes away) and to the South West.
* Welcoming to families, well-behaved dogs(not in the yurt I’m afraid) and friendship groups.
* An abundance of things to do nearby such as hiking, cycling, mountain biking, climbing, caving, skiing and tobogganing (walking distance to Mendip Outdoor Pursuits dry ski-slope).
Campfires are allowed at Batch Campsite – naturally – and owner, Tim, can help you fire one up for cooking if you need a bit of a hand. The team can also provide a range of local produce to cook up your own barbecue including trout, burgers, sausages, bacon, eggs, ribs, cheese and cider (all from within a three-mile radius)
Thirsty? Batch Campsite and our Gurt Yurt is within easy walking distance of several Somerset pubs, with the legendary Crown at Churchill a few hundred metres down the track; all pull gallons of local beers and ciders and dish up some right good pub food. Many of the neighbouring farms make their own cider and the Thatchers cider farm with it’s tap room is only several miles away, in Sandford.